Sat, 05 Aug|
The Minor Works Building
Winter Warmer Qigong - Drop-in Classes to Strengthen, Stabilise, Stretch & De-Stress
When, if not now?! It's time to take the plunge and learn one of the most sustainable wellness and wellbeing practices out there. Qigong is a profound tool for change. Why not come and find out for yourself?!
Time & Location
05 Aug 2023, 8:45 am – 10:00 am
The Minor Works Building, 22 Stamford Ct, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
About the event
This is a series of 6 Saturday sessions. You are welcome to attend on a casual basis, or purchase a 3 or 6-class pass (this will be valid up to the end of term).
THIS CLASS IS SUITABLE FOR PRACTITIONERS OF ALL LEVELS.
What is Qigong? Qi means Energy, and Gong is Cultivation, so Qigong is a way of cultivating your energy. Taoist Medical Qigong is an ancient meditative exercise system for enhancing health and well-being. The foundations of this system are rooted in Classical Chinese Medicine, Lao Tzu Taoism, the wisdom of the I-Ching, and contemplation of the natural world. The White Tiger Qigong Academy adds a modern perspective of applying sport & exercise science to the practices.
Contemplating Nature? Contemplation of the seasons, cycles and mechanisms that perpetuate life, death and rebirth in the natural world can guide us in thinking, feeling, moving and being still in ways which bring us more into balance with the world around us, helping to optimise our wellbeing.
How can Qigong Work for Me? This Qigong has multiple benefits, including:
* Promoting deep relaxation
* Sharpening concentration
* Boosting vitality & energy
* Increasing range of motion
* Improving sleep
* Enhancing the immune system
* Building strength & stamina
* Strengthening digestion
Why Should I Practise Qigong? You will learn a set of Qigong exercises, breathing techniques and meditations to help keep the body energised & strong, sharpen the mind & hone the spirit. These practices can empower you to:
* cultivate self-knowledge
* foster self-love
* find mental, emotional and physical balance
* restore health
* enhance well-being
* experience personal freedom
* attain peak performance
Studies have shown that the chemicals which indicate stress responses in the human body have clearly decreased from just ONE 1-hour Qigong session! Anecdotally, people have told me that they feel more energised, grounded and balanced after their very first session and beyond.
What Practices will We be Doing? During this course you will:
- Learn gentle movements to open up energy channels (Meridians) in the body.
- Explore a combination of: 5 Element Qigong, a dynamic Qigong form which targets specific organ systems and Meridians; a 2,000 year old dynamic walking Qigong practice based on the movements of animals, which brings benefits on physical, physiological, emotional, & mental levels and 8 Trigram Organ Qigong, a beautiful flowing Qigong that improves mobility and balance as well as gently massages the organs.
- Experience the art of Inner Listening, tuning in to your own innate intuition and wisdom.
- Utilise the power of your breath to improve your relaxation response.
- Improve circulation, digestion, elimination, sleep cycles, concentration & emotional balance.
- Discover ways to reduce stress, anxiety, body tension & pain.
- Learn about ‘Pulsing’, and how to combine this with intention, to send Qi to different parts of the body.
- Become familiar with Qigong meditations which help to sharpen your focus, harness your intention spirit, and assist the flow of Qi in the body.
- Feel the power of harmonising body movement & posture with breath and spirit.
- Enhance your sense of energy and well-being.
About Your Instructor: You will be expertly guided by Sarah Divine, Senior White Tiger Qigong Instructor, who also holds a master's degree in sport and exercise science. Sarah has been practising Qigong for over 13 years and teaching since 2015. She trained initially with Master Mantak Chia in the Universal Healing Tao Qigong system, and has been studying and training with Master Tevia Feng in White Tiger Qigong since 2016. She is now the most qualified White Tiger Qigong instructor in Australia.
Sarah is a member of the International Institute of Complementary Therapists and AUSactive (formerly Fitness Australia). She is also an associate member of ESSA (Exercise & Sports Science Australia).